Saturday, June 26, 1993

Day 28: The last day

We woke up at 6:30 AM - packed the bus, ate breakfast, and then left the hostel around 7:30 AM.
We travelled 2 hours to the site of Biblical Lachish - an overgrown, non-developed archaeological site where we walked around for an hour or so.
Then we went to Masena {this is what was written in the journal, I'm not sure what or where this was} - the underground archaeological site with all sorts of caves, an lastly to a Kibbutz Museum about some Tel - by that time, I didn't care. It was way too hot.
The hour bus trip to Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv was sad because I had to say goodbye to my friends. I got Nathan's address on a defunct Belgian 50 Franc bill and then said goodbye to Joni, Liza, Nathan, Thaddeus, and all the rest.
We waited about half and hour at Ben Gurion until Jimmy and Jenny showed up with out luggage. 
I got a double room at the Hotel Avia with Doreen - a 23 year-old graduate of Boston College.  After a nice relaxing bath, we ate a nice relaxing meal at the hotel restaurant.  We talked for a while and then both went to sleep at about 9:30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment